I'm Jeff Schwartz. The business of strategic communications in a new media world...for you and your CEO.
Jeff Schwartz's Bio:
Jeff Schwartz is an award-winning strategic communications business talent with strong project management, organizational and interpersonal skills. Mr. Schwartz is a media, public and investor relations expert, with thousands of appearances on TV, radio, and in print, trade and online press worldwide. A strong writer, communicator and C-suite trainer, he is a positive, energetic, detailed-oriented problem solver who thrives in team environments:
- Global success innovating communications, media and public relations, crisis and issues management, marketing, digital and business development programs
- National honors for leadership in stakeholder relations and quality
- Distinction in the public and private sectors, including Fortune-500 energy, environment, and national security, and U.S. education, healthcare, science, technology and the news media
- Proficiency in energy, environment, defense, science, and technology development
- Experience in China, Malaysia and Asia Pacific
With a master's degree (Phi Kappa Phi), Mr. Schwartz brings passion for customer satisfaction and quality through a unique industry, government and media success record:
- Inventing communication programs to earn unprecedented stakeholder support
- Representing high-visibility issues via 5,000+ media quotes, including classified events
- Pioneering digital strategies, apps and content for global use.
- Authoring thousands of news releases and online articles to drive reputations
- Training CEOs, astronauts, SMEs, and elected and civic leaders for public success
- Leading Quality and Process-Improvement teams to earn national awards
- Blogging before a public Internet existed, becoming a digital strategy leader
- Creating, managing, coding and designing the busiest B2C healthcare websites
- Designing nationally-honored online branding campaigns, including B2B partnerships
- Managing TV newsrooms, and anchoring & reporting news accurately and under deadline pressure for ten years in Ill., Mich. and N.M.
- Appearing as an official spokesperson on network TV, print, electronic, and new media worldwide, representing issues critical to U.S. interests
- Developing capital plans and winning RFPs worth $100M+ in new funding
- Strategic Communications
- Integrated Media, Social, Public, and Investor Relations
- Project Management
- Crisis and Issues Management
- Business & RFP Development
- Multimedia Journalism
- Strategic Planning
- Digital Strategy, Content, Apps, and Analytics
- Key Messaging & Branding
- CEO Training & High-Performance Team Building
- Clean Energy
- Quality, Process Improvement
Jeff Schwartz's Experience:
Principal Consultant, Strategy and Outreach at PMSchwartz & Associates, LLC1997 - 2013
Developed public affairs plans, business development proposals, communication programs, management dashboards, and stakeholder and market outreach strategies for innovative B2B, B2C, and B2G pilot programs in California important to national energy policy. Program design and implementation guided one of America's largest utilities, increased participation by large government and healthcare facilities in U.S. energy savings, water conservation and clean energy initiatives, and served as operational templates for public and private sector leaders nationwide.
Director, P. Affairs & Marketing at HCA-HealthONE (NYSE: HCA)1996 - 2005
Developed and managed public affairs, media relations, marketing and product-line plans, earning unprecedented opinion-leader support, capital funding, press coverage, record EBITDA, national quality awards, and recognition as the No. 1 program in HCA: 24/7 spokesperson; On-call Administrator, coordinating operations of a Solucient Top-100 hospital; On-Call media spokesperson for five hospitals, representing HCA-HealthONE, Denver's largest system; International spokesperson for the Columbine incident; Developed five-year strategic plan, helping to earn $100+M capital for service lines, and new patient, parking, surgical and imaging facilities; Coordinated with decision support, and executive, medical and nursing leaders. Helped obtain City and County of Denver approval. Managed a community-media event for then-Mayor John Hickenlooper; Developed CEO presentations for HCA, Advisory Boards, elected officials and JCAHO. Developed CEO's Annual Report for clinical and non-clinical staff. Drove annual B2C plans and budgets, exceeding productivity targets by 10% annually; Pioneered online U.S. healthcare, including content and apps. Increased website visits by 100%. Invented best-practices adopted worldwide. Founding member, HCA's Internet Advisory Board; Developed innovative, Denver-metro events, engaging non-profits, employees, physicians, chaplaincy, volunteers, civic leaders and religious organizations. Unprecedented earned media; Managed a $1M budget, vendors, agencies, ad buys, and strategic B2B alliances with pro teams and media; Provided media training, MBTI and team-building expertise. Team leader for change initiatives, earning national recognition as a R.I.T.-USA Today Quality Cup finalist; Three-time Leader-of-the-Year finalist for quality initiatives in multidisciplinary teams, earning record employee engagement, and patient and physician satisfaction.
Manager, Media Relations/Official Visits/Economic Development & Executive Director at EG&G, Inc., Rocky Flats (NYSE:URS)1990 - 1996 | Colorado - California - Idaho - Nevada - Washington, D.C.
Invented and directed public, media, intergovernmental, and crisis management programs for EG&G, Inc., at Colorado, Idaho, and Nevada subsidiaries, earning unprecedented recognition from Congress, the U.S. DOE, and union, corporate, and elected and civic leaders. Colo.-based with assignments at: Rocky Flats; Idaho National Laboratory; Nevada Test Site; Fluor Corp.-Orange County, CA; U.S. Department of Energy-HQ, Washington, D.C.
Public Affairs Officer, Group Leader at Los Alamos Laboratory, University of California1985 - 1990
Developed and managed external and internal communication programs. Earned significant credibility and public support for world-class researchers, programs, elected officials, New Mexico, California and U.S. energy, environmental, national security, and science and technology. Positions: Fellowship, Graduate Research; Public Information Specialist ; Public Affairs Officer; Group Leader, Public Information; 24/7 Lab spokesperson, representing U.S. science, technology, energy, engineering, environmental, computing, defense, health, safety, national security, and R&D issues in the media worldwide.
Owner: Corporate and Government Communications at Jeff Schwartz SchwartzNow Communications1993 - Present | Colorado
Obsessed with customer service, quality, brands, business development and your success. B2B, B2C, B2G. High-technology and science proficient. Experienced in China and Asia Pacific: Corporate & Governmental Communications; Media, Public & Investor Relations; CEO and Executive Communications; Crisis & Issues Management; Digital Communications; Business & RFP Development; Media Training; Website Management, Analytics, Content and Apps; Integrated Marketing; Strategic Planning; Stakeholder Relations; Tech Transfer; Key Messaging; Quality; High-Performance Team Development.
Jeff Schwartz's Education:
Southern Illinois University, CarbondaleBachelor's DegreeConcentration: Journalism and Radio & TelevisionActivities: Dean's List; President, Journalism Students Assoc.; Dean's Search Committee
The University of New MexicoMaster's Degree (Phi Kappa Phi)Concentration: Communications (Physics)Activities: Thesis: "Communicating Science to the Public: A Rhetorical Theory for Science Journalism." Advisor: Dr. McAllister H. Hull, physicist, School Provost, Manhattan Project pioneer
University of OregonUndergraduate StudentConcentration: JournalismActivities: Varsity Letter, Gymnastics; Dean's List; Gymnastics Scholarship
Jeff Schwartz's Interests & Activities:
Blogging, Coding, Meteorology (Trained NOAA/NWS Spotter), Nuclear Physics, Oenology, Sports, Fishing, Biking, Skiing, Public Affairs, Community Service